Wednesday 1 February 2012

Wordless Wednesday 1 February

My children got to experience cockle collecting for the first time during the holidays.  This is where I discovered that Andre is a catch, look and release type of child and McKenzie was real keen to see what they tasted like when quickly cooked on the barbeque.


You can see that there are even a few barnacles attached to these shellfish that are nothing more than 3 - 4 cm wide.  The rules state that you are not allowed to collect more than 150 in one go.  Incase you are interested there is a whole lot of effort for something that tastes sandy.  Yuck.

I am linking my post to My Little Drummer Boys

7 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

The fun is catching , we caught and released about 140 yabbies on the weekend. We moved them from one dam to another.
Though they do taste okay when cooked.

ally said...

I'm not a fan either - bet the kids loved it though!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

I bet they had fun catching them. We spent a long time on the beach last May catching pippies.

Marriage from Scratch said...

COOL! Love it.
Come link up with this post at Marriage from Scratch!

~Christina
www.marriagefromscratch.blogspot.com

Kate @ Back to Basics Tuition said...

lol, the photo looks great...but I agree with you on the taste!

Becky from BeckyandJames.com said...

Great photo. I've never tried them myself, I imagine they're slimy and I don't do slimy! I am sure it was great for the kids, though!

tahlia @ the parenting files said...

agreed! catching is the best! as long as they had fun doing this!