Thursday 19 February 2009

Homework

I know that this is not unique to me but why is it that some teachers simply do not have any idea how long homework takes to be completed or how hard homework is especially when it comes to art and craft style expectations. Now in my past life I was a fully fledged teacher and sit here thinking that DD's young teacher needs a dose of having her own children to see how long it took to complete the collage that was expected this week. 15 minutes a night the note said. Hmmmmm simply not possible, maths, spelling, reading, oral language, and collage for an 8 year old to complete in four nights.

Of course I sat down and googled the images needed, took and printed photos, found all the other bits and bobs to glue on, even printed out some labels to staple on. Luckily I have a few paper scrapping supplies, for the those rash moments of Hybrid thoughts, and couldn't help embellishing a little. Approximately 3 hours of my work plus 1 1/2 hours of DD time to complete this little project.

Heaven forbid if next week involves art and craft.



Now I have got that off my chest I am feeling better.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The time allowed seems a bit "short" I think. We know how long it takes us to do a reasonable job on our page, and all the photos and elements are right at hand !
Talk about Speed Collage ! LOL

Deb (canpeg)