Tuesday 16 November 2010

Being Reminded

Two weeks ago I was realy sick with a kidney infection. It really laid me out.  In fact I don't think that I have ever been as unwell as I was for that time.  The sore back the hot and cold shakes and shivers etc.  It was very timely to be reminded that once again I am not superhuman. 

More to it there is nothing like remembering how important it is to look after my health.  As a consequence of me being so unwell my husband, who was away overseas with work had to return home.  This took him two days to do.  I couldn't get out to bed to tend to Hayden, my disabled sons medical plan in the early evening and middle of the night and finally I had to rely on my Mum to come and help me out.

Three days of IV antibiotics followed by a 7 day oral antibiotic plan and I was well but tired.

The moral of the story is always go to the doctor when you feel unwell (even if you only think that you have pulled a muscle in your back like I did).  I realise this now that I have been told that I should have been in hospital but the medical profession did not know what to do with my disabled son.  Lastly I must have an emergency care plan for Hayden.

I hope you all keep well in the months to come and do not end up in a predicament like me

No comments: